President's invited speaker
- Master Protocols - James Wason (Newcastle University), Franz König (Medical University Vienna), Mary Redman (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center), Emily Zabor (Cleveland Clinic)
- Machine learning with small data - Manuela Zucknick (University of Oslo), Wessel van Wieringen (Amsterdam University Medical Centers), Moritz Hess (University Freiburg)
- Bayesian nonparametrics and machine learning for causal inference - Jason Roy (Rutgers University), Stijn Vansteelandt (Ghent University), Alex Luedtke (University of Washington),
- Semi-competing risks and causal inference - Daniel Scharfstein (Johns Hopkins), Linda Valeri (Columbia University), Mats Strensrud (EPFL),
Discussant: Els Goetghebeur ( Ghent University)
- Ageing - Andrew Clegg (University of Leeds), Mar Rodriguez Girondo (Leiden University), Joris Deelen (Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing)
Discussant: Jeanine Houwing-Duistermaat (University of Bologna)
- Best practices in statistical simulation and computing - Anne-Laure Boulesteix (Ludwig-Maximilians University Munich), Tim Morris (UCL), Beth Ann Griffin (RAND)
- Efficient clinical trial designs
- Machine learning methods for health
- Bayesian nonparametric methods
- (Semi-)competing risks and causal inference
- Communicating statistical methods
- Simulation studies
- High dimensional data
- Prediction models
- Joint models for high dimensional data
- Medical device clinical studies
- Biomarker discovery
- Personalized medicine
- Missing data
- Statistical software
- Statistical education
Welcome Reception 22nd August
On the evening on the 22nd of August, there will be an informal drinks reception with light refreshments taking place at the conference venue. The event is free to attend for anyone registered for the conference.
Conference Dinner 24th August
There will be a conference dinner taking place at the Civic Centre in Newcastle on the 24th August from 7pm until late. There will be a 3 course meal, drinks and entertainment. Tickets can be purchased along side your conference ticket. We have a fantastic Ceilidh band organised for you during the evening. A Ceilidh Band is a traditional folk band with a caller that will walk you through a series of dance moves!
Virtual social events 22nd and 24th August
On Monday 22nd August 5.15-6pm UK (BST) there will be a hosted informal networking sessions for our virtual attendees. Come along to chat to your peers. You will find this session link on the online portal. It is free to attend.
On Wednesday 24th August 7pm-7.45pm UK (BST) we will have a local history of Newcastle virtual session. You will find this session link on the online portal. It is free to attend.
Meet the story of Coal to Culture – a story of Romans in Northern Britain, Anglo Saxon visitors, Viking raids, Norman conquest and, all put together, the story of the Geordies!
Explore Newcastle’s vibrant history and how it became one of the hotbeds of British history, understand the power of King Coal and how the city worked its way from lost industries to a cultural capital!
Discover past, present and future during this fun 45-minute talk.